Claws Mail and Gnome keyring manager (seahorse)?
Mikko Rantalainen
2010-01-08 09:23:33 UTC
Hi!

Is it possible to configure Claws Mail to use Gnome keyring manager
(seahorse) for storing the passwords? I tried to search around the
internet but failed to find any answer.

I have to use different passwords for IMAP and SMTP servers and I find
it a chore to input different passwords every time I want to fetch and
send email (it helps that I need to input each password only once per
Claws session but it could be better).

The Gnome keyring manager (seahorse) is already able to store my GPG and
SSH passwords so it would make sense to store my passwords required for
email, too. The only part missing is Claws Mail unable to fetch the
required passwords from Gnome keyring manager.

I'm currently running Claws Mail version 3.7.2 on Ubuntu 9.10 (x86_64).
--
Mikko