claws-mail 3.17.1 and selective mail download
s***@gmx.net
2018-10-31 13:35:38 UTC
Hello:

I'm presently looking for a native Linux replacement for the email
client I've run under Windows for 20+ years (Pegasus Mail) and now
run under Devuan ASCII with Wine.

Originally, I took a good look at Sylpheed because it seemed to me
that like I could easily adapt to it and also because the FAQ
mentioned that there was a 'selective mail download' feature
available.

I've always used it in Pegasus Mail and find it to be very
useful/convenient.

Unfortunately, in spite of being mentioned in the Sylphhed FAQ, it is
nowhere to be found in the user interface and emails asking for
information have not helped. (ie: bounced back, not answered or
answered but no longer related to Sylpheed for years now).

As Claws was in it's origins a fork of Sylpheed and although it is
not mentioned in the FAQ or user manual, I was wondering if
'selective mail download' was/would/could be (eventually) available
as a feature or maybe a plugin.

Thanks in advance.

S.
Paul
2018-11-01 13:33:52 UTC
On Wed, 31 Oct 2018 10:35:38 -0300
Post by s***@gmx.net
As Claws was in it's origins a fork of Sylpheed and although it is
not mentioned in the FAQ or user manual, I was wondering if
'selective mail download' was/would/could be (eventually) available
as a feature or maybe a plugin.
Selective download was never in sylpheed, iirc, but it was in
Sylpheed-Claws many years ago, but was dropped by the time we
switched from gtk1 to gtk2, and has never reappeared (and is not
likely to).

The nearest thing to it would be to set a 'Receive size limit' on the
Receive page of the account preferences. Messages which have been
partially retrieved will show a button when opened, allowing you to
download the message in full.

with regards

Paul